Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Mandela's heart of gold.


With all his ups and down, Mandela was and still is a hero! 
Yes, I was angry. And I was a little afraid. After all I’ve not been free in so long. But, when I felt that anger well up inside of me, I realized that if I hated them after I got outside that gate, then they would still have me. I wanted to be free so I let it go.” ~Nelson Mandela upon leaving prison after 27 years of confinement
Now let’s take a moment and grasp this. This man had been imprisoned for 27 years for rightfully fighting for his country’s freedom. He was thrown in an isolated cell, detached him from all traces of humanity, where he actually suffered from life threatening illnesses. When He come back home after his release from prison 27 later, He’d missed out on seeing his children grow, as they were already adults, and worst of all his wife was already remarried. And the one statement he said was a forgiving and letting go speech!. THAT'S DEEP and ADMIRABLE. 

It’s a few weeks after Mandela’s death and I am still thinking how incredibly strong that man was. Hand down He was a true leader, A father, A friend and not just an African but a legend the whole world loved. This is not because he was the first black president of South Africa and a hero but He had a heart of gold. A forgiving heart. I can't help but wonder how he did it, forgive them and let it all go and not just in words or writing but in actions.

I am thinking of a scenario where that happens to someone like me. I’d have had enough time in prison to plan the revenge of the century. Am thinking guns, bombs, the whole World War 2 scenario and top on of the list would be sending the whites back home actually, throwing them back home. Apologies for my revengeful mind!

But not Mandela. He chose peace, kindness. He chose to let go and be free.

He’s has inspired me to think positively. He has taught me that forgiveness is the key to being free. He has taught me to be kind NOT just to those who are good and kind to me BUT MORE SO to those I don’t feel like they deserve my kindness. He has taught me the true meaning of humility, patience, gentleness and self-control.

I am a working progress but the father of African has given me more than money could buy.

Mandela might be died but he lives deep within us. In all that he did for us and touched our souls to never be the same again. He will be celebrated and missed for ever. 

NOW this is the song my heart sings, that will help me get through any difficult situation. Hope you learn something from him and make make forgiveness and love the ruler of your heart.
 “Yes, I was angry. And I was a little afraid. After all I’ve not been free in so long. But, when I felt that anger well up inside of me, I realized that if I hated them after I got outside that gate, then they would still have me. I wanted to be free so I let it go.” ~Nelson Mandela upon leaving prison after 27 years of confinement

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your HONEST opinions, views and comments are always welcome.