Saturday, June 1, 2013

HUMBLING: BLIND, DEAF and DUMB AND CRIPPLED




I have been doing a lot of complaining lately. Somehow I do believe my reasons are a little justifiable, since I lost almost every thing in one season. I am sure most of us often feel like we have so little compared to others. The moment we get that wish we had been praying for, we are on to the next to the next obsession. Am counting all the things I want and I say want because half of them are not even a necessity. I am still feeling less

I read somewhere that if you want to be happy, watch less news. Well, I am not a news fun but this night I had a glance of a few stories and one that changed my attitude and put my ungrateful heart into perspective.
The story was of a woman being united with her daughter after 20 years apart. Apparently the daughter went missing as a child and they hadn’t seen each other since then. Well, that’s a story but it was not my turning point.

The woman is BLIND, DEAF, and DUMB AND CRIPPLED. Yes, you heard me right. We have probably come across people who are blind and using a stick, or a deaf and dumb person. And there are so many crippled people to start giving examples. But I have never heard of all this crafted into one person.
This hit me like a tornado and I don’t think I will ever be the same again. After years of complaining about how much I do not have and taking things for granted, I have a soul make-over. I can’t believe I even had the guts to wish I had better eyes, smaller lips and bigger boobs to name just a few.

If I am this physically fit with all parts of my body intact and still complaining, I am lost for words what this woman would complain about. Where would she start? To whom would she start blaming it on?
She seemed so happy and actually overjoyed seeing her daughter and you could tell she was content with who she was. This reminds me of an amazing God who does wonders. His ways are not our ways and He answers to no one.

My complaining season is over and I have replaced my complaining heart with a heart of worship thanks to this woman. She has changed my life and the way I used to look at things. though I still feel like I have less, at least i can proudly say that i am blessed and touched!

I AM REALLY HUMBLED!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your HONEST opinions, views and comments are always welcome.